Molds are natural-origin substances that, in some cases, are used to make products. Still, the problem of having this natural origin substance inside commercial properties can cause ugly nuisances. In many cases can cause serious illness in humans when exposed to this element; also, molds can cause severe damage to building structures.
When inhaling mold, spores can harm our system and cause allergic reactions such as coughing, sneezing, and eye irritation. For people who are sensitive to mold or have asthma, having mold in your commercial property can be a serious threat to customers or workers. Please keep reading to learn how a well-maintained HVAC system can help you prevent mold and control it.
How to Control Indoor Mold
Poor building maintenance and poorly maintained HVAC system contributes to mold growth in any commercial building. Having the appropriate maintenance to your commercial property is the first step to have a safe building environment. Mold is considered a problem when it is visible. Still, at that time, your commercial property’s air quality must have been compromised.
- Make regular inspections to detect moisture, mold, and water damage.
- Repair any leak or water damage once it has been discovered.
- Have regular HVAC Maintenance to clean coils and drip pans; pans that are not draining properly cause moisture to accumulate and quickly become mold.
- Performing proper housekeeping in all the building areas to keep floors and walls dry and prevent any moisture accumulation.
- Check your HVAC air intake location; if the air is being pulled from areas near standing water or any dirty place, this can cause an increase in fungal spores inside the building.
Commercial HVAC Preventive Maintenance in Greensboro, NC
Besides building maintenance, properly designing, installing, and maintaining HVAC systems goes a long way toward preventing indoor mold problems in your commercial property.
Kay Heating & Air Conditioning is an experienced professional company that serves HVAC maintenance for property owners in Greensboro, NC. With more than 40 years of experience in commercial HVAC services and installation, their top-quality work and equipment will provide you the best HVAC system maintenance to prevent and get your building free of mold.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!