How Important Is To Have Your HVAC Vents Clean
We know that as a parent, there’s a lot of things to take care of, especially your children’s health. Dirty air ducts can be a problem if you’re trying to keep your home clean and safe from contaminants, and you don’t know what to do about it. That’s why we, as an expert in the matter, want to help you by understanding the importance of having your HVAC vents clean and determine when you need it the most.
When Do You Need to Clean Your HVAC Vents?
Many people think that cleaning their HVAC vents is something that is not necessary to do regularly, but every case is different. According to NADCA, the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, it is essential to have your air ducts cleaned if you’re in the following situations:
- You have many pets that shed frequently.
- Before owning a new home to prevent anything in the case, the air duct hasn’t had maintenance for a long time.
- If your HVAC system has been damaged due to fire or flooding.
- If you have smokers in the house, tobacco releases a lot of chemicals in the environment, including poisons like formaldehyde and carbon monoxide, that can get stuck in the air ducts.
- If there’s an animal infestation in your ductwork. People often get surprised by the amount of dust in their ducts, but they don’t know that much of the dust is composed of cockroach and rodent droppings, rodent hair, and the skeletons of both cockroaches and mice.
- If someone in your family has asthma, breathing problems, lung disease, or allergies. People with these conditions are susceptible, especially to disease-causing biological agents in indoor air. So it’s crucial attacking the contaminants that are all over the ducts and distributed throughout a home.
Cleaning your air ducts is an essential part of homeownership and building maintenance. If you consider yourself under one of the situations mentioned previously, Residential HVAC vents cleaning in Greensboro is one of the many services Kay Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. offers.